Home School Day - February 19, 2019 - 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Curious about cutting-edge medical treatments and technologies and what they hold for the future? Dream of being on the forefront of your own medical discovery? Considering a career in STEM and medical fields? Don’t miss out for on your opportunity to begin your discovery at Home School day at the Health Museum.
Discover health and medical sciences and future technology through innovative, exclusive activities and special guest speakers. This exciting event provides the opportunity for home-schooled families to engage in an exciting day of educational and inspiring activities.
We encourage you to register for our hands-on classes and activities at an additional cost before they fill up! You can find the links for each class below ‘Admission" after clicking the "Register Now" button below. Free admission does not secure a spot in any add on classes.
Home School Dissect It Yourself (DIY) Labs are now open to registration!
Curious about what's going on inside your body ? Discover anatomy and organ function with a selection of fun activities, live demos and hands-on dissections for all ages.
Members get a 15% discount
Wonders of the Human Body series
Wonders of the Human Body series are immersive journeys inside your own body. Each month discover another topic: digestive system, respiratory system, immune system, musculoskeletal system, cardiovascular system.
Each series is made of 4 classes exploring in fun and interactive ways different aspects of one body system: how it works, what happens when you're sick, how to stay healthy. All our classes are age level appropriate and bilingual by request.
Members get a 15% discount
- Online registration only. No payments may be made at the museum desks.
- Online registration closes 5 business days prior to the class.
- Once online registration is closed availability is not guaranteed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Private classes must be requested at least 20 business days before the class.
- There is a minimum of 15, maximum of 25, participants for private classes
- A full refund may be requested up to 10 business days prior to the class
- There are no refunds for no shows or classes cancelled by registrants less than 10 days prior to the class, but rescheduling for a similar class will be possible under special circumstances
- The Museum reserves the right to cancel classes that do not meet minimum enrollment requirements. If a class is cancelled by the Museum, patrons will receive a full refund.
- The Home School student and one parent will have complementary access to the museum exhibits when attending a Home School class.
- Other parents and siblings must pay a general admission.
- Siblings older than 3 years old can’t participate to the class unless they register.
Come explore various topics from cellular to microbiology by performing experiments in our newest permanent exhibit, the DeBakey Cell Lab.
Cancellations, Drop/Adds, and Refunds
The Museum reserves the right to cancel classes that do not meet minimum enrollment requirements. If a class is cancelled by the Museum, patrons will receive a full refund. There are no refunds for no shows or classes cancelled by registrants.
Questions? Contact the Home School Program at 713-337-8450 or email@example.com.