Pre K - 12th Grade Field Trip Levels
Applicable during School year only (September - May).
For group field trip during the Summer (June - August) contact directly Reservation by phone : (713) 337-8451 or by e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
September 2016 - May 2017
Find age levels information and all the details about the activities offered during the field trips inside the reservation packet : here
The Health Museum offers two levels of Field trips and several add-on activities:
- The Exploration level ($5 per student) – an easy-going and playful adventure.
- The Immersion level ($9 per student) – a complete and entertaining journey created for the most curious minds.
- Add-on activities for “one step further” experiences!
- One activity in each age category will be offered at any given time.
- Activities are on-going, with flexible time schedules. A different selection of activities will be offered every day to make every visit unique.
- All Field Trip levels include open access to Humanae - Now through September 5, 2017. A free guided tour can be scheduled in advance.
- A minimum of 15 students is required to book a field trip.
The Exploration Level Field Trip is available for $5 per student and includes:
- Amazing Body Gallery
- Brain Teasers
- Humanae: Humanae at The Health Museum is a "work in progress" by the Brazilian artist Angélica Dass and challenges visitors to rethink how they see race and think about skin color through a chromatic inventory of the different human skin tones that label human subjects with their corresponding color in the industrial palette, Pantone.
- Scavenger Hunt: Using a TEKS-based scavenger hunt as a guide
- Live Dissection Demos of a cow eye or a sheep brain performed by one of the museum science educators.
- Educational Movies & TedTalks
The Immersion Level Field Trip is available for $9 per student and includes:
Get immersed in the second level of The Health Museum's new field trip experience! Exploration Level Experience plus additional hands-on activities.
- Germ factory: Find out how to develop health-promoting routines and simple hygienic skills.
- Grossology: Get in touch with your smelly side as you explore the icky-sticky, ooey-gooey science of your body.
- Your health at heart: Explore the structure and function of the heart and how to keep it healthy.
- Final 48: Everyone loves a good murder mystery.
- Breakout: Find the antidote for a mysterious virus.
- Dissections with an educator
Add an optional hands-on science class, lab or dissection.
(A minimum of 15 students is required to book a class. Add-on experiences only available September - May. Advance registration required.)
- DNA Hunt : ($5 per student): Grades 6 and up. Students learn about their DNA make up, enjoy an advanced Scavenger Hunt, and take home a necklace with their very own DNA.
- What's on Your Mind?: ($15 per student): Grades 6 and up. Explore the structure and function of the brain during this hands-on sheep brain dissection.
- Take It To Heart: ($8 per student): Grades 6 and up. Explore the structure and function of the heart during this hands-on sheep heart dissection.
- DeBakey Cell Lab: ($5 per student): Students suit up like a real scientist and get up close with cellular biology through 3 lab stations.
Amazing Body Store Souvenir Bags
- Order souvenir bags at a special field trip discounted rate, $4 per student (a $7 value)
Professional Development for Teachers
- Learn more about The Health Museum by bringing a group of teachers for a Teacher Tour.
- $7 per person, minimum of 15 people.
- Receive an overview of the museum's school programs, explore Body Worlds RX, and visit the Amazing Body Store.
- Add an interactive science class (prices vary by class) and earn CPE credit as you learn new ideas and strategies for teaching and learning hands-on science.
- Add a DeBakey Cell Lab visit for $5 extra.
- The Health Museum has a Texas State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC) and is an approved Continuing Professional Education (CPE) provider.
What You Need to Know
Please note that your field trip reservation is not confirmed until a deposit is paid, and you have received a confirmation letter from our Reservations Team. Please note that an ASTC membership cannot be applied towards your Field Trip Reservation. Questions? Contact email@example.com or 713-337-8451.
The Health Museum School Field Trip program is supported by:
Baylor College of Medicine, The Brown Foundation, Ellwood Foundation, Houston Endowment, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, Houston Methodist, Robert W. Knox, Sr. and Pearl Willis Knox Charitable Foundation, MACEIL Foundation, The Ralph H. and Ruth J. McCullough Foundation, MD Anderson Cancer Center, MD Anderson Foundation, The Schissler Foundation, Texas Children’s Hospital, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, The William A. and Madeline Welder Smith Foundation, Wortham Foundation
* Contributions made August 1, 2013 – July 11, 2014